Jesus Christ, the bridge between God and man.

Jesus Christ, the bridge between God and man.
Begin Building

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Maybe, It's You?


 

Sometimes, we are the distraction.  New Year’s Eve, I worked in the office seeing sick patients.  The clinic was packed. I was swiftly moving from room to room.  I noticed the hallway floor looked dirty.  As the morning progressed, the floor appeared dingy.  I thought to myself, the cleaning crew needs to be reprimanded.  I then thought, parents must be allowing their children to run amok.  I wondered who would be able to clean this mess over the holidays.  I mentioned the disgusting floor to the nurse assisting me for the day.  She said, “Dr. Howelton it’s you.  Your new boots are scuffing the floor. The marks leave a trail into each exam room.”  In my limited mind, I had ascribed the problem to everyone else, never once considering myself.

Galatians 6:3-5 tells us, If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, for each one should carry their own load. Before considering your neighbor, make a personal assessment, examine yourself, and evaluate your own work.  We can become our own distraction, totally unaware of the sin in our life and utterly deceived.   I took a picture of my mess as a reminder that on December 31, 2013, I missed the mark and was unable or unwilling to comprehend that Dr. Howelton was the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment