Jesus Christ, the bridge between God and man.

Jesus Christ, the bridge between God and man.
Begin Building

Monday, September 22, 2014

Follow Him


You will arrive late to the show when you follow the wrong person. I was headed to the Tamala Mann Concert with friends.  We were driving two cars.  I was riding shotgun and was tasked with keeping an eye on the lead car.  Somewhere between I-37 and I-35 we both switched from following a black BMW to following a royal blue BMW.  This was in broad day light. When the blue car passed Convent Street headed toward Houston Street, I knew we were in trouble. To top it off the lead car was now behind us. We arrived after the concert was scheduled to start because we lost track of the lead car.  We were trailing the wrong person.

1 Corinthians 11:1

11 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

So many of us are not where we should be in life because we followed the wrong person.  We have been stuck on the wrong freeway, took the wrong exit, ended up at the wrong house and it took us twice as long to get the place God wanted us because we switched from following those who follow Christ to chasing after the crowd.  I took my eyes off the road and lost track of the black BMW.  When we take our eyes off Christ, we will show up late to our divine assignments.  It was grace that allowed us to see the opening performers because the concert started late.  If you are on the wrong road and lost, God gives us the grace we need, He directs us back to Him.  And, by the way, He will get you there on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment