Jesus Christ, the bridge between God and man.

Jesus Christ, the bridge between God and man.
Begin Building

Saturday, January 3, 2015

If Not For Grace

 
My head is filled with self-righteous indignation whenever I see someone in the crowd with a nose ring.  Under my breath, I mutter, “How can they disfigure themselves in such a way?  Don’t they now it does not look appealing?”  While preparing a lesson this week, I came across Genesis 24:22 saying , And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold.     The woman above depicts what Rebecca must have looked like, the chosen wife of Isaac.  The nose ring I thought beneath anything I would wear, symbolized a gift to one who was God’s answer to a prayer.
Romans 3:9-12
What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
We have all been quick to judge others.  It’s relatively easy to identify what we see as sin in others when scripture clearly states there is none righteous, no not one.  If you would have heard my mouth during the Spurs vs. Pelican’s game, I certainly should be put on the unrighteous list.  If not for God’s limitless grace, none could stand before Him.  Rather than waste time judging others, pray that all accept the grace we so desperately need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment