Jesus Christ, the bridge between God and man.

Jesus Christ, the bridge between God and man.
Begin Building

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Locked Out





I locked myself out.  Years ago, my parent’s converted their garage into a family room thus; there is a lock on the door.  I was cleaning up when I decided the door was obstructing my way so I slammed it shut.  I knew right then I was in trouble. I had locked myself in the family room with no way out and no one in the house but me.  But knowing my father, I was certain there was a screw driver in the room.  I just needed to calmly look for my escape.  I found the kit with the smallest of tools in his desk drawer.  Mind you, I have never popped a lock before, but with persistence and strength, I unlocked the door by unscrewing the door knob.  I was set free using my father’s toolkit. I was able to walk through the door and enjoy the entirety of my father's home.

Revelation 3:7-8

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth and shutteth, and no man openeth.  I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name

Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior has the key that unlocks the door.  He opens the door and invites us to walk through.  No man can shut the door and keep us out of God’s Kingdom.  We were each born locked out by sin.  We can remain locked in our sins and out of God's kingdom when we refuse to walk through the open door.  The key has been provided. If you have not put your faith in Jesus, do so now because the door will eventually be shut.  Once shut, this door’s lock cannot be popped or picked.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment