Jesus Christ, the bridge between God and man.

Jesus Christ, the bridge between God and man.
Begin Building

Saturday, March 22, 2014

There is Hope



I am spending the next several days with my Mom while my Dad spends time with his siblings in South Carolina.  Dad has been at his wife’s side combing her hair, massaging her stiff neck, taking her to doctor’s appointments and feeding her since she fell ill several years ago.  September 8, 2014 will mark sixty years together.  Alzheimer’s may have taken my Mom’s memory but it has had no effect on her warm smile nor the twinkle in her eye that can still turn my Dad’s darkest days into joy.  God has been faithful to them both.  He continues to provide a glimmer of hope and compassion to can carry them through one more day. He dispenses a fresh supply of mercy each morning.  Great is His faithfulness.  Whatever your circumstance, your trial or burden, place your hope in Him. He will never leave you or forsake you. Commit Lamentations 3:22-24 to memory.  My parents, Bruce & Katie Hall can attest to His faithfulness.
22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment